OS : Windows 64 bit
Selenium Version: 3.0.0-beta3
Browser Version: 45.0
If you started working with Selenium 3, you should to be aware of the fact that
- it requires Java 8.
- it requires Mozilla's GeckoDriver for Firefox
- and the path of Gecko Driver must passed through System property.
- Create a new project in Eclipse.
- Download latest selenium Jar from http://www.seleniumhq.org/download/
I used version 3.0.0-beta3 which is released on 2016-09-01.
- Add external library to the project by right clicking on project > Build Path > Configure Build Path
- Create a new package. And create a new class in that package.
- Then in main method set path of gecko driver. make sure you have the latest geckodriver or you may face some issues. I used geckodriver 64 bit for windows v0.10.0 And try creating instance of FirefoxDriver.
It should launch firefoxdriver and open google.com.
If you face any issue then feel free to share.