I've Sony Vaio and I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a separate 100GB partition but I can't select my partition (Disk 0 part 5) because of the error: "The selected disk is of the GPT partition style."
Solution:Boot using Win 7 disc or USB hard drive and then press Shift + F10 to open the command prompt.
- Type “Diskpart” and hit Enter
- Type “list disk” to check hard disk properties. Check capacity of hard disk to select. Usually, disk 0 is hard disk, and disk 1 is the usb drive where win 7 install.
- Type “select disk 0” and hit Enter to select disk 0 as the disk that is operating.
- Type “clean” and hit Enter to clean up current hard disk’s partition.
- Type “convert mbr” and hit Enter to convert GPT into MBR.
- Type “create partition primary size = 100000” and hit Enter to create primary partition of size 100 GB.
- Type “format fs = ntfs" and hit Enter to format disk to NTFS quickly.
- Type “exit" to finish operating.
- Type “exit” to shut down the command prompt.
Click Refresh button and select this partition to install windows.